Friday, June 14, 2013

foxy foxy

The time is winding down for Miranda to graduate from high school.  One week from today is the ceremony, unbelieve.  Her first day of preschool is still firmly etched in my brain, her serious face while she stood in line waiting to go into the school and how she never looked back when they went in.  It feels like a lifetime ago and only yesterday simultaneously.  Time and memories are weird. And now this phase of her life is almost over.  I'd probably be more emotional about it, but the pace has been a bit frenzied as of late and I'm pretty much ready for it to be done already.  Not having my alarm clock go off at 5:30 any more isn't going to make me sad!

I sold my very first crocheted item, the purse for a coworker, which she loved!  Somehow I managed to not take any pictures of it, but I'm going to get her to so I can post here.  Also, the owner of the salon where Miranda got her hair done for prom ordered crocheted dogs to match her actual dogs.  I had a time finding a pattern for a labrador, but it's nearly completed.  I'd lost track of how quickly the end of the school year was approaching and panicked when I realized I never made her chemistry teacher's gift, so dogs have been set aside for this:
 Fox scarf!  When it's done, it will wrap around with the tail hanging down.  I kind of love it and almost want to make one for myself, or one of another animal.  Miranda spotted this pattern months ago and immediately thought of her teacher, so it's been planned for ages.  Now it's crunch time, but it worked up quickly.  I have to put the back legs on and crochet the tail, then it will be done.  Probably finish it tonight after work or some time tomorrow.  Once it is done, I'll get some better pics, of course.  Unless I forget.

No comments: