Friday, May 10, 2013

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, or some crap like that

I've decided to keep a personal blog.  Ha ha, I'm a blogger, I blog out.  Anyway, I've been thinking about how time keeps moving on and everything changes.  I'm thinking quite a bit about how much it will change when Miranda goes off to college in the fall.  She's not going to be a million miles away, but she is going to be far enough that I won't see her for pretty good stretches at a time.  It's going to be a major change for both of us.  This is my baby, who doesn't even want to go to school if I'm going to be home from work for some reason.  We're buddies.  We hang out together.  We share just about everything with each other.  I'm pretty sure that last part has made it more difficult to maintain my role as THE MOM, but eh, whatever.  I'm going to have to bother to get a cam again, so we can skype at each other.

I thought it might be cool to set this blog up and share whatever the hell I'm doing so that if she wants to, or if anyone else wants to, it's available.  There will probably be a lot of crochet crap on here because that's my favorite thing, and the semester is over so I don't have to feel guilty about crocheting just to crochet.  I have so many things I want to make.  I'm so enamored by amigurumi right now, it's ridiculous.  One more bunny and I think my family is going to have me committed!
Aww, 3 bunnies, what's the harm in that, you say?  These are just the first 3.  I'm not going to mention how many more there are.  Let's just say, my garden is overrun, ok?  I started out just wanting to make one because the pattern looked so cute.  Then my niece, Bri, mentioned that the baby chick I made her for easter was lonely and needed a bunny for a companion.  Since she asked so nice, I had to make one for her.  And since I'd also made a chick for Bella, her sister, of *course* I had to make a bunny for her, too!  Then Paisley needed one, and maybe I could sell some at a craft fair, and I really wanted a grey one for myself, then Miranda found a yarn she liked so I have to make at least one more!  Bunnies multiple.  It's what they do, I don't make the rules.
















At least I resisted the urge to make a Meerkat nation when I made a mate for Miranda's chemistry class mascot!  The pattern I used turned out to be a bit off, so this cutie had to be created on the fly.  Maybe when I'm feeling adventurous again, I'll have another go at making a meerkat for home.  In the meantime, I just have to finish up a bunny, or maybe 2, then it's time to move on to the next idea.....whatever that may be.  Only pinterest knows what the next big thing will be, though I *am* eyeing a really cute Benjamin Franklin amigurumi doll that really really wants to be made.

If you want to make bunnies of your own, here is the bunny pattern I used.  I modified mine a bit; also, I added some accessories to some to jazz them up a bit.

No comments: